Sunday, April 1, 2012

Magic Show Progress Update

Hello all,
I've finished my script and loose boards for the first magic show. What started as a simple idea for an ice spell has become a lot lot larger. For example, originally there was only one script, but now there are five... each covering a different element or force, sigh. Then the first script was initially a simple effect show off, but now there's a little set up and stuff. I think I'm going to work on the hardest shot first then determine how much help I'm going to need to finish it! haha!

Now that the boards are close to what I want, I'm going to start building the environment for it. Its going to be an abandoned subway station entry way. The stairs to the train will be sealed or covered with rubble. The whole thing is going to be lit with magic lights... but I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to build the geo and set up the scene and light it in Unreal. After that I'll do the first environmental VFX pass and see what it looks like. I'll start the scene based on these shots I took around NY and go from there.



I'm going to do a concept using the references above. I'll probably take a couple more reference shots today, but it shouldn't change the initial space. Chances are, there probably won't be as many supports, but it depends how the scene progresses. The concept will also have a color scheme and a lighting test. This will also help me come up with a list of items, so I know what else I need to build. That will be my next post, with a plan on what I'm building and an art direction, as I don't want it to be 'realistic' nor do I want it to be 'comic book'.

Until next time... (BTW this is not an April Fool's Joke).

Fred

4 comments:

  1. this sounds very cool. Is this going to be a live action/vfx piece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello gcastro3d.
    This will not be a live action piece, this will be all CG and in real time by the time I finish. I work in video games, so I figure this project will be in real time. I'm still working on a lighting test for the scene, so I'll post that as soon as I get it done. I also have concepts for the character and a couple non real world things too. Soon, although I'm being pretty picky on the lighting concept. I really want to start building this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, look forward to the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I just posted some more concepts.

    ReplyDelete